BJ King – City Administrator
Happy New Year! I hope you are staying warm and enjoying the start of another year.
The City of Pataskala is excited for 2018. We have several infrastructure improvement projects scheduled for construction this year.
Construction on the new Pataskala Police Station will commence sometime in late winter/early spring. The new station will be constructed directly behind the City Administration Building on Broad Street (next to 84 Lumber). The new station will provide a modern, safe working environment for the police department. They department is currently located in the 101 year old Town Hall on Main Street.
Road construction projects scheduled for this year are:
- Mink Street – Reconstruction from approximately the railroad tracks to Havens Corner Road. This project is being funded in part by a Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission grant. Construction plan and right-of-way acquisition has occurred over the past 2 year. Grant funds for construction are made available this year. I anticipate this project will start sometime this summer.
- Oak Meadow Drive – Reconstruction from Broad Street to approximately Bent Tree Lane.
- Headleys Mill Road – Pavement spot repair and chip seal the entire length of the road.
- Summit Road – Repave from Broad Street to the railroad tracks.
- Mill Street/Creek Road – Repave Mill Street from Main/SR310 to Creek Road. Repave Creek Road from Mill Street to the bridge near the cemetery.
Other infrastructure projects that will be completed this year are:
- Taylor Road Leisure Trail/Sidewalk – Construction of a trail along Taylor Road from Freedom Park on the north to Cleveland Road on the south. Sidewalk construction on Cleveland Road from Taylor Road to Monarch Drive. This project is funded with an Ohio Department of Natural Resources grant. ODOT is scheduled to award the construction contract sometime in late June with construction anticipated to begin in August.
- Taylor Road Culvert Replacement – Replacement of a culvert on Taylor Road, just south of the railroad tracks.
2018 is going to be a busy, but exciting, year in Pataskala. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 740-964-2416 or email@example.com if you have questions about any of these projects or anything city related.