Yard Care Regulation
Property and landscape maintenance benefits the entire Pataskala community. Thistle, ragweed, milkweed, poison oak, poison ivy and other noxious weeds should be removed. Grass should not exceed 8 inches in height. As per Pataskala City Code 521.11 a notice may be issued to the property owner or resident. The resident will have ten days to comply with regulations. After this period of time, the City may have the grass cut and/or weeds removed at the expense of the resident or owner.
Political Signs & Banners
The City may request that sign may be removed from a property only if it conflicts with size and location regulations. Inappropriate placement of signs, including in the street right of way, can be grounds for removal. If you are concerned with the physical condition of a political sign please contact the city & we will help assist further. Signs are private property. Theft charges can be filed against a person if there is evidence proving theft or damages. By placing your name on a sign, you can increase your chances of getting the sign back after a theft. Remember: Signs can only be removed if they violate size or location rules. Message is not grounds for removal.
Block Party Permits
Block party permits must be acquired at least one week prior to the event. These events are a great way for neighbors to get to know each other, but proper preparation must be taken first. Fees may be required for added administrative costs and the delivery of a protective barricade, if necessary.
The City of Pataskala’s curfew is as follows:
- Under 13 with no supervision – Sunset – 5:00 a.m.
- Between 13-15 with no supervision -10 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. and extended on Friday and Saturday to 11 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
- Between 16-17 with no supervision – 11 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. and extended on Friday and Saturday to 12 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.
Garage Sale Regulations
Residents of the City may conduct two garage or yard sales per residence during any twelve-month period of time. Amount of garage sale time must not exceed three consecutive days ( 72 consecutive hours ). There is a permit that needs to be filled out prior to the start of the garage sale.
Litter Laws & Rules
Dumping garbage or littering in any public street, park or public area is not allowed & the offender may be subject to a fine. Private property littering without owner’s consent is not allowed. Accumulation of any sort of refuse on your property is prohibited.
The City of Pataskala laws & regulations regarding parking are designed to maintain a safe & aesthetic landscape for all members in the community.
- Commercial vehicles with GVW of 6501 or higher may not be parked or stored in a residential area.
- Inoperable or disabled vehicles must be stored within a properly enclosed structure.
Quick Notes & Reminders
- Noise: Emission of loud, distracting & unnecessary noise is not allowed.
- Trees: Trees & shrubs on private property may be pruned, cut & styled however the owner sees fit. Trees & shrubs in public areas will be maintained & should not block right of ways/vision. .
- Solicitations: To perform door-to-door sales, you must first acquire a City-issued permit.
- Storm Damage: After a storm, the city will retrieve debris from public spaces & streets. Property owners are responsible for private property cleanup.